Definitions in these Terms and Conditions
The following expressions shall bear the following meanings:
- “Access Instructions” means a message dispatched to the Guest by the Company with the details of collecting the keys to the Apartment.
- “Apartment” shall mean the apartment booked by the Guest, details of which are presented on the Site and identified in the Confirmation.
- “Booking” shall mean the booking requested by the Guest and confirmed by the Company in the Confirmation.
- “Booking Information” shall mean the information required from the Guest in making the Booking including, without limitation, the Guest’s full name, valid permanent residential address, valid credit or debit card details, mobile number and email address.
- “Booking Process” shall mean the booking process undertaken by the Company including the receipt by the Company of all of the Booking Information and the satisfactory completion of the Identification and Security Checks.
- “Breach” shall mean any breach by the Guest of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Building” shall mean the building in which the Apartment is located.
- “Card” shall mean the credit or debit card, details of which have been supplied to the Company by the Guest for the purpose of the Booking.
- “Cleaning Fee” means a one-off fee payable by the Guest to cover the cost of cleaning the Apartment. Should the Guest require more than one cleaning per Stay, extra Cleaning Fee shall be added to the Total Booking Cost, respectively,
- “Confirmation” shall mean the confirmation of the Booking issued by the Company following completion of the Booking Process.
- “Company” shall mean Property Universe Limited, whose registered office is at 6 Grosvenor Place Bath BA1 6AX United Kingdom.
- “Contents” shall mean the contents of the Apartment including, without limitation the furniture, furnishings, fittings, decorations, appliances, equipment and consumables.
- “Security Deposit” shall mean an amount of £250 paid in cash or blocked on the Guest’s Card as security against any damage to the Apartment.
- “Extra Guests” shall mean any extra person in the apartment that is not booked to stay overnight.
- “Extras” shall mean the cost of any additional items or services purchased or ordered by the Guest during the Stay.
- “Final Cost of Stay” shall mean the final total cost of the Stay including the Total Booking Cost together with any Liability.
- “Guest” shall mean the person(s) authorised to stay in the apartment during the Stay, being the Principal Guest together with any other Permitted Guests.
- “Identification and Security Checks” shall mean such checks as the Company shall from time to time deem necessary in order to validate the Booking Information.
- “Liability” shall mean the total amount for which the Guest is liable in respect of any Breach as set in these Terms and Conditions.
- “Permitted Guests” shall mean such number of guests due to stay in the Apartment as shall have been notified to the Company by the Principal Guest as part of the Booking Information and subject to the maximum number of persons permitted to stay in the Apartment. The maximum number of guests is: Oriental Chic 6 persons, Classic Georgian 5 persons.
- “Pre-authorisation” shall mean the pre-authorisation on the Principal Guest’s Card of the Security Deposit Amount.
- “Principal Guest” shall mean the person making the Booking, details of whom have been provided in the Booking Information.
- “Site” shall mean the website www.grosvenorapartmentsbath.co.uk
- “Stay” shall mean the Guest’s stay in the Apartment comprising the number of nights booked by the Guest.
- “Total Booking Cost” shall mean the total amount payable for the Apartment for the Stay, including the Cleaning Fee.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
This Booking is made subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
2.1.1 Upon making the Booking, the Total Booking Cost becomes immediately due and payable by the Principal Guest in full or in part (30% or 50%, depending on how far in advance the Booking is made).
2.1.2 Тhe Total Booking Cost becomes non-refundable as of the moment stated in the relevant booking policy chosen by the Guest, which is either at any time following Confirmation if the rate is non-refundable (see also 2.1.1 and 2.1.3) OR as of the midnight of the day preceding the date stated in the booking policy as a cancellation deadline (i.e., in case of a 30-day cancellation policy, the Total Booking Cost becomes non-refundable at 00:01 of the date 30 days prior to the check-in).
2.1.3 For non-refundable bookings, in the event that the Total Booking Cost has not been paid within 24 hours of booking, e.g. Card declined or bank transfer not received, then the Company reserves the right to transfer the Booking to the Company’s standard rate (which will incur an additional fee).
2.1.4 In the event that the Guest wishes to order any Extras, such Extras shall be payable in full upon ordering.
2.1.5 Where applicable the Company will undertake the Pre-Authorisation at check-in and shall release the Security Deposit following check-out provided there is no Liability.
2.1.6 Following check-out by the Guest, the Company shall ensure that the Final Cost of Stay is available in invoice format. In the event that any Liability is due to be paid, the Guest authorises the Company to take such amount directly from the Card used for payment of the Total Booking Cost. In the event that the Company is unable to take payment for any Liability from such Card, the Guest shall make payment of the Liability forthwith. Failure to make any such payment fully within seven days of dispatch of the statement shall render the Guest liable to interest on any outstanding amounts at the rate of four per cent over Bank of England base rate.
2.1.7 Group booking/high value bookings – Any booking of two or more apartments, or those totaling £1000 or higher are subject to a 10% non-refundable deposit. We will arrange this with you once your booking is confirmed.
2.2 Booking Confirmation
2.2.1 The Booking will become valid and effective only upon completion by the Company of the Booking Process and dispatch by the Company to the Principal Guest of the Confirmation.
2.2.2 In the event that the Company is unable to complete the Booking Process, it shall notify the Principal Guest and provide an opportunity for the Principal Guest to provide any Booking Information that may be missing or which could not hitherto be validated. In the event that the Company is still unable to complete the Booking Process, the Company shall notify the Principal Guest that the Booking has not been confirmed.
2.2.3 In the event that, following the Confirmation, the Apartment is not available for any reason in respect of all or part of the Stay, the Company shall notify the Principal Guest as soon as reasonably practicable. In such circumstances the Company shall use all reasonable endeavours to offer the Guest a suitable alternative apartment. In the event that the Company is unable to offer the Guest a suitable alternative apartment, it shall refund the Total Booking Cost to the Guest, provided that under no circumstances shall the Company be obliged to pay to the Guest any further sum(s) by way of compensation or damages arising from such cancellation.
2.3.1 The Apartment shall, subject to the terms of paragraph 2.4.13 below, be available exclusively to the Guest from 3:00PM on the first day of the Stay until 11.00AM on the final day of the Stay.
2.3.2 The Guest may be able to enter or leave luggage outside of these times during the Stay at the discretion of the Company, if feasible.
2.3.3 The Guest may be able to ‘check-in’ earlier or ‘check-out’ later by prior agreement with and at the discretion of the Company.
2.3.4 The keys to the Apartment will be collected by the Guest as set out in the Access Instructions. At the end of the Stay the Guest shall leave the keys as directed. Failure to do so shall incur, by way of Liability, a charge of £250 to help cover the cost of replacement keys and the door locks.
2.4 Terms of Stay
2.4.1 The Apartment shall only be occupied by the Guest, which shall include the Principal Guest. Only the number of persons as per the reservation is permitted in the Apartment, the Principal Guest must be present with the ID in his/her name, which is copied at the time of the check-in.
2.4.2 The Principal Guest shall be aged 21 or over.
2.4.3 The Principal Guest shall at all times be responsible for the acts and/or omissions of the Guests and shall be liable to the Company in full for the responsibilities, obligations and liabilities of the Guest as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
2.4.4 The Guest shall not authorise or permit any other person(s) to enter or stay in the Apartment without the prior approval of the Company (allowing Extra Guests will forfeit the Security Deposit). The entrance doors to the Building must be locked securely at all times. No parties, music or loud noise are allowed in the Apartment or in or around the Building.
All noise shall be quieted between 9pm and 8am.
2.4.5 The Guest shall not smoke in the Apartment. In the event that the Guest does smoke in the Apartment, the Company shall be entitled to charge the Principal Guest the sum of £250.00 by way of Liability to cover the additional costs of cleaning, freshening and airing the Apartment. No candles, incense sticks, fires, fireworks or such other activities is allowed that can put the property at risk of fire. Any damages will be charged for in addition to this fee.
2.4.7 The Guest shall not allow any pets or other animals to enter or stay in the Apartment.
2.4.8 The Guest shall at all times treat the Apartment and the Contents with care and respect and keep the Apartment, the entranceway and the adjusting area at all times reasonably clean and tidy (no disposal of waste in the black food waste containers outside the building is permitted). The rubbish shall be collected in the rubbish bin provided in the Apartment. No overflowing of bathtub or sink is allowed. In the event that the Guest causes any damage to the Apartment, or any damage to, or loss of any of the Contents, the Guest shall be responsible in full by way of Liability for such cost of any repair(s) or replacements as the Company shall reasonably determine.
2.4.9 The Guest shall not undertake any filming or photography in the apartment for their personal gain or their business’ financial gain without the prior agreement of the Company. In the event of a breach of this clause the Guest agrees to the immediate and minimum payment of £500 (five hundred pounds) and to vacate the Apartment immediately. The Company may also reasonably determine that further payments are due. Under no circumstances will a refund be given for the Booking fee.
2.4.10 Under no circumstances may any pornographic, underwear, swimwear or ‘glamour’ filming or photography take place in the Apartment. A fixed penalty fee of £1,000 will be immediately payable and all film or photographs will have to be destroyed by the Guest and withdrawn from any publications or websites immediately.
2.4.11 The Guest shall have respect for other residents in the vicinity of the Apartment and shall not cause or allow to occur any unreasonable noise or other nuisance. In the event that the Guest does cause, or allow to cause, unreasonable noise or other nuisance in or around the Apartment, the Company shall be entitled to charge the Principal Guest the sum of up to £500 (five hundred pounds) by way of Liability to cover the additional costs of dealing with the disturbance. The Guest will be asked to vacate the Apartment immediately and no refunds will be given.
2.4.12 The Guest shall vacate the Apartment at the end of the Stay and other than the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions shall not acquire any other rights in or in relation to the Apartment. For the avoidance of doubt neither the Booking nor the Stay shall amount to any form of lease tenancy or other property right in respect of the Apartment.
2.4.13 In the event that the Guest breaches any of the terms set out in this section 2.4, the Company may at its absolute discretion require the Guest either to remedy such breach or to vacate the Apartment forthwith. Such right shall be without prejudice to any other rights or obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions.
2.4.14 The Company shall not be liable to the Guest for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, to its property, or person, however caused arising from the Stay (other than any personal injury caused to the Guest arising directly from the negligence of the Company).
2.4.15 The Company will take a copy of a recognised form of Identity such as a driver’s licence or passport and retain this on its secure Bookings database for a maximum period of 13 months to guard against identity theft and credit card fraud.
2.4.16 At any times during the Stay the Company may either itself, or permit others, to enter the Apartment in order to carry out necessary repairs or in order to reasonably assess or prevent any breaches of these Terms and Conditions by the Guest. The Company will at all times try to give prior warning.
2.4.17 The Company does not guarantee the security of any Guest’s vehicle and/or its contents.
2.5 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
By making a reservation the Guest is deemed to have agreed to this T&C and being bound by it according to the legal terms.